Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Peek at My Workroom...Caution: Under Construction

Monday I drove up to Cedar City and took along some more books and a couple of bar stools for the kitchen counter. It was a beautiful, sunny day, with noticeably less snow on the ground. The north sides of the mountains were still pretty, covered with a more complete layer of snow.

Susan W. asked when she was going to see a picture of my weaving room. It’s true that I’ll have looms in the room, but I’ll also do some sewing, and machine embroidery there so I think I’m going to call it my workroom, “Studio” sounds too professional for what I do, while “messing around room” is closer to reality I think I’ll go for stretching the truth with “workroom”. As you can see from the two views of my workroom it’s a work in progress.

I’m waiting for a Formica table to be built to put the plastic cubes on, which will go in the corner nitch beside the closet. Then the piles of things on the floor will find a more organized home. I thought the 18 ft by 12 ft room was pretty big, larger than the room I use now, but it sure filled up quickly with “stuff”.



Here is a picture of finished Durango Blues shawl on the mannequin that I fell in love with in Wisconsin last spring. The silver thread represents rivers meandering through Colorado. I did put it in the non-juried show at the Intermountain Weaving Conference last July. I felt a sense of accomplishment that I took the project from idea on paper to finished product, something that doesn’t occur too regularly.

More pictures of the inside of the house in the near future, and second Christmas in Salt Lake City.

No comments: